REGULATIONS OF PBAW SCHOOL COMPETITIONS
There are two types of competitions:
- Intra-school competitions – the rules and conditions of conducting competitions are determined by PBA teachers.
- Out-of-school contests (e.g., district, nationwide) – the rules and conditions of conducting competitions are determined by the external organizers. Based on their guidelines, teachers are in charge of organizing the competition within the school.
- Developing interests and deepening students’ knowledge across disciplines.
- Awakening intellectual and cognitive curiosity of children.
- Creating opportunities to speak about students’ knowledge and skills
- Implementing self-education and deepening subject matter knowledge.
- Improving the ability to apply knowledge in practice.
- Making pupils comfortable with dealing with difficult situations (contest, test).
- Encouraging participation in other competitions at a later stage of education.
III. PRINCIPLES OF PARTICIPATION
- Participation in school competitions is voluntary.
- Candidates for individual competitions are selected by the teachers based on their achievements, talents and interests.
- Parents are also allowed to nominate their children if they agree to help them prepare for the competition.
- Students who have declared and confirmed participation in the competition agree to commit themselves to systematic work at home and performing additional tasks delegated by the teacher on time.
- There may be competitions at the school where all students in a given class participate.
IV. CONTEST DATES
Students are notified in advance about the dates of all competitions held at school by the teachers who organize them.
V. RESTRICTIONS OF COMPETITION
The results of the school competitions are announced by the teachers after the end of the competition and when all tests are graded.
Results of external competitions or their stages are sent by the organizers to the school’s management, which notifies the participants about their achievements.
All issues related to internal competitions and the school implementation of external competitions shall be decided by the headmaster.